The FM-3 Portable Mixer offers a three-input, stereo output portable mixing solution and has been designed primarily for ENG (professional electronic news gathering) but is also at home in on-location film productions. It's equipped with 3 balanced inputs (switchable phantom power), with a 2 channel main output plus a wide variety of sub outputs.
Both the FM-4 and FM-3 are robust, rugged designs with all controls, inputs and outputs easily accessible on three main surfaces with no 'round the back' controls. Special care has been taken to ensure noise levels are kept extremely low, which makes these mixers perfect for use in any over-the-shoulder production application including digital transmission links or digital video and audio recording media.
With their low-noise circuitry, exceptional audio fidelity and unique feature sets the new Fostex Portable Mixers are not only more than suitable for all professional broadcast and film applications, they set a new benchmark for portable on-location mixing devices.
- Balanced 3 channel input and 2 channel main outputs with extremely high quality signal transformers
- Light but robust aluminum body construction with exclusively machined large aluminum fader knobs
- Metal axis fader pots using conductive plastic to extend its quality and durability
- Highly visible Organic LED display with high resolution metering to offer both VU and Peak level with selectable Stereo and Mono indication
- Master, Trim and HPF knobs with pop up mechanism to avoid inadvertant operations
- Mixer's parameter setting status (mic/line, phantom on/off, etc) can be seen on the display
- Wealth of outputs such as Sub output, Tape output, 2 x Phones out as well as AUX output with channel select
- Switchable level settings at +4/0/-20/-60 on Main and Sub outputs
- Phones outs accept standard and mini plugs on each socket with multiple source and PFL monitoring
- A dedicated monitor return input to check the audio from VTR or Camera feeds
- AUX input can be merged to the Stereo bus for cascade connection
- Analog limiter with the threshold and ratio adjustments
- DC output with Hirose connector for powering a wireless receiver